Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
These apple cinnamon overnight oats are a simple and healthy make-ahead breakfast option. Apple and cinnamon is a combo of flavors that go so beautifully together, especially in Fall. Apples are not only in season, but most of us may have a few in our kitchen from apple picking or the local farm! This is a great way to utilize them.
These overnight oats are a fantastic way to get protein and fiber in your diet. They are a filling and healthy breakfast or snack option and last for several days sealed tight in the fridge.
What are overnight oats?
You can think of it as cold oatmeal that requires no cooking at all. This is what makes it so convenient and popular. Just stir all the ingredients together, cover, and pop it in the fridge to be enjoyed later. The oats soften by absorbing the liquid they are mixed in, typically milk. It is ideal to be prepared overnight, hence the name overnight oats. However, it can be ready in just 3-4 hours! You need to try this creamy and delicious variation of oatmeal!
These apple cinnamon overnight oats are a great grab-and-go meal for which your body will thank you. It is nutrient-dense and will keep you full for hours. This recipe is also flexible. You can also use any milk you prefer and any sweetener you like. Chia seeds are also optional but add more nutritional value like fiber. You can switch out pecans for walnuts or just omit it!
As long as you follow the base recipe of the oats to milk and yogurt ratio; you can do whatever flavor pairings you like! I love apple and cinnamon together, especially this time of year.
If you are a fan of apple and cinnamon recipes then definitely try these:
- Apple Cinnamon Cake
- Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- Sticky Apple Upside down cake
- Caramel Apple Galette
- Vegan & GF Apple Crisp
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- 2/3 cup Almond Milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/2 cup Apples, diced, divided
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Pecans, chopped
- In a bowl, mix the diced apples with half the cinnamon and half the honey. Set to the side.
- In a larger bowl, stir together the oats, chia seeds, remaining cinnamon & honey, almond milk, yogurt, almond butter, and vanilla. Also, add in 3/4 of the apple mixture.
- This can either be one large serving or 2 smaller servings. Add this mixture to your desired container. I like to use mason jars.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight. Either add the remaining apples and pecans to the container before refrigerating or you can top it off once you are about to enjoy the oats. That is up to you! This stays well for up to 3 days.
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to rate it and leave a review below! If you ever have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment as well. If you do make this and happen to take a photo, share it with me on Instagram! I would love to see it.
This is really delicious! Im not a big fan of almond butter, but all the flavors combined is just an amazing tasty and healthy choice! This will be my go to recipe when I need something ready for the next morning . The pecans is a must! Love it
This was so delicious and just what I needed. I’m so glad I tried it!
Literally my favorite meal prep breakfast! I’ve made this 3 times already because it’s so delicious and easy to put together. Love the recipe!
I am so happy to hear that!! Thanks for the review!
found her on tiktok and im so glad i did. THIS RECIPE IS SO GOOD!!! and really easy to meal prep. i bought a bunch of pyrex 32oz jars and they are perfect to put the overnight oats, pecans, and apples separately so the pecans and apples are fresh and crunchy by the time i eat it in the morning. tastes like ice cream!