It is summertime! I love making fresh salads this time of year to enjoy, especially as a side with BBQ. Lately, one of my favorites is this avocado salad. Think of it almost like a deconstructed guacamole but even better. The avocados offer a delicious creamy bite, while the red onions and cucumbers are crisp. The dressing is subtle but tangy and ties this all together. I am telling you, make this!
This avocado salad is perfect for taco night instead of traditional guacamole and as a side for your next gathering. It takes less than 20 minutes to put together too as most of it is prep work. You cannot go wrong! It’s fresh and vibrant while exploding with flavors. I actually made this the other day next to some vegetarian stuffed peppers for a full-on vegan meal! Be sure to give this a try and let me know what you think in the comments below!
Here are some other salads you can try too:
I would love to hear what you think below with a rating and review! Share your remakes with me on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
- 3 Avocados, ripe cubed
- 1 Small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 Large tomato finely chopped
- Handful of Parsley finely chopped
- Handful of Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Honey, Agave or Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Mint
- Salt to taste
- Stir together the dressing ingredients.
- Gently mix together the salad ingredients doing your best not to keep the avocado pieces whole. Cover with the dressing and gently toss together.
- Enjoy room temperature or cold!