Fries don’t just pertain to potatoes anymore! You got carrot fries, zucchini fries, yucca fries and so much more! Also, I know the word fries has fry in it but you can bake your fries to crisp deliciousness too!! To be healthier, use an alternative to potato just like I did here with zucchini and bake rather than fry; those little tweaks will make a big difference with your health in the long run. Plus, fries foods always make us feel bloated and icky after; this will taste delicious and remain light on your tummy. I also make this recipe dairy and gluten free for those with dietary restrictions like myself. I hope you try it out for yourself!
Servings: approx. 30 pieces
Total Time: 30 min
1 beaten egg
2 large zucchinis, quartered lengthwise (keep skin on)
3/4 cup of nutritional yeast (can use grated Parmesan cheese if not lactose intolerant)
1 tsp paprika
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp Trader Joe’s everything seasoning (or use sesame seeds instead)
1 tbsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add the beaten egg and paprika.
- In another bowl, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Dip the zucchini pieces into the egg wash and then into the nutritional yeast (or Parmesan) mixture.
- Place on the baking sheet. Make sure not to overcrowd the pan or the fries will not crisp up.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool a little bit before enjoying with your favorite dipping sauce.