These banana muffins are the perfect healthy on-the-go snack. They are sweetened with honey, topped with nuts, and make for a great treat. I may or may not have made them 3 x in the past month because they are just that good and simple. My husband and I have been enjoying them for breakfast, as a mid-day snack, or for a quick bite when we don’t have time on our hands.
I’ve also baked them for friends who recently gave birth for a healthy and hearty snack they can enjoy for days to come. Honestly, I would make these just because they make the house smell just like Fall; my favorite season. I love the aroma that fills the air; better than any candle.
As you can see below, it takes just a few steps to have these banana muffins ready in 30 minutes. The seasonings used like chai, cinnamon, and ginger are warm and comforting. The nuts on top add the perfect crunch texture to the top. You can add chocolate chips or raisins to the batter for some extra flavor too; the choice is yours.
I would love to see your remakes on my Instagram page! Let me know what you think in the comments as well!
- 3 Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup Lifeway Probiotic Coconut Honey Kefir Plain or vanilla yogurt will do
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 2 tsp Vanilla Flavor
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips Raisins are a great substitute too or neither.
- Pinch of Salt
- 1.5 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Chai Seasoning
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup Honey, drizzled
- First, mix together all the wet ingredients. This includes mashed bananas, kefir, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
- Then, add the dry ingredients to the wet batter. This includes flour, baking soda, baking powder, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, chai, and salt. Mix together well into a cohesive creamy batter.
- Line a cupcake/muffin pan with cups and spray or just spray the muffin pan itself. Pour batter 3/4 of the way into each cup. Top with crushed walnuts and repeat for all 12.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 20 minutes until baked through. Drizzle with honey and enjoy room temperature.