This is the only recipe you need for an authentic and super tasty beef kofta kebab. An amazing grilled Kofta kebab is a summertime essential recipe in any Middle Eastern home. These beauties are typically made with ground beef along with minced parsley, garlic, and onions. These beef kofta kebabs are a crowd pleaser and go so well with side dishes like rice, Arabic Salad, hummus, baba ghanouj, and so much more.
I am sure we all have heard of kebabs. Kufta kebab however refers to ground meat kebabs so ground beef is specifically used for this recipe but there are recipes with ground lamb, ground chicken, or even ground turkey.
Seasonings like allspice or seven-spice are what really amplify the flavor of this dish. The red chili and tomato paste also add lots of dimension in taste and in appearance. You honestly can’t go wrong with this super simple beef kofta kebab recipe. It is a family favorite.
How to cook your Beef Kofta Kebab
There are a few ways to shape and cook these.
The grill I use is charcoal as its even more flavorful than gas grill but either works great. You do not want your grill to be scorching hot but in the 350 F realm is great. Also if using charcoal make sure the coals are spread evenly throughout so there is even cooking for the meat. This way the kofta has nice char marks on the outside and super tender and juicy on the inside.
If using skewers, stainless steel ones are great but wooden skewers do the trick too. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 3 minutes prior to using.
I prefer to use neither and actually shape the kofta by hand into what looks like small sausages. This way I don’t have to worry about the meat not sticking to the skewer and they look just as great!
Alternatively, you can cook these on the stovetop in a hot pan for 5-7 minutes on each side then cover with a lid to allow for the inside to cook as well or finish them off in the oven. You can air fry at 370 for about 15 minutes or bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Just make sure it is cooked through to your liking!
Anywho, give these kebabs a try and let me know what you think in the comment section below! Send your remakes my way via Instagram for a chance to repost. I would love to see it.
Beef Kofta Kebab
- 2 lbs Ground Beef 90/10
- 2 tbsp Red Chili Paste (shatta)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp All Spice or Seven Spice
- Salt & Pepper to taste be generous
Salsa for the meat marinade
- 2 cups Parsley
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Colored Bell Pepper optional, recommended
- 1/2 Jalapeno optional
- Pulse the salsa ingredients in a food processor until fine.
- Add the salsa to the meat along with all the seasonings, tomato paste, and red chili paste. Mix all together with your hands.
- You take about 1/4 cup of the meat to give you a size idea and shape it into what looks like mini chubby hot dogs!
- Grill for about 15-20 minutes around 350 F temperature on the grill gage. You want to keep the meat nice and juicy so do not over cook. The outside should be lightly charred and the inside fully cooked and tender.
- Alternatively, you can pan-sear these in a hot pan for 5-7 minutes each side then cover with a lid and allow for it to cook on the inside until it reaches your preference. You can also bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until cooked to your liking or airfry at 370 for 15 minutes.
- These koftas go fabulous with my Arabic style salad, hummus, and rice or pita. Enjoy!