Many of us love dessert. Many of us also feel guilty after eating dessert. That’s because dessert is known to be full of sugar but not this one!! There is absolutely no sugar folks. Just beautiful raw honey and naturally sweetened fresh fruit. What is better than that? Now I’ll be honest, I never liked oats or blueberries but here I am using both as main ingredients to make this delicious healthy dessert. Crazy, right? I have definitely grown to love these two ingredients now that I am creative in the kitchen. You also know by now that I am all about easy dishes that taste good and make me feel good. This berry crisp tart with oat crust will do that for you. It honestly wont last in the fridge for more than 24 hours. I am pretty sure of that! Hopefully, you all will enjoy this as much as my husband and I do 🙂
Servings: 6 slices
Total Time: approx. 1 hour
For the crust
3/4 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of flour
5 tablespoons of coconut oil
A dash of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon of chia seeds
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
A pinch of salt
1/4 of a cup of chopped walnuts
1/4 of a cup of honey (I used blueberry honey since I had it)
1 teaspoon baking powder
For the Filling
1/2 a pint of fresh blueberries ( can be 1 cup of frozen blueberries)
1 cup of frozen strawberries (can be fresh strawberries)
2 teaspoons of corn starch
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray tart pan or baking pan with baking spray.
- In a small bowl, add the berries, honey, lemon juice and corn starch. Mix them all together and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, mix thoroughly together all your crust ingredients other than the walnuts.
- Put aside 1/3 a cup of the oat mixture and add the chopped walnuts to that.
- Place crust mixture into prepared pan and start pressing down to evenly coat the pan. Then, pour the filling over the crust. Add the mixture with the walnuts that was set aside on top of the berries. Just scatter them on top.
- Place in oven for 15 min to bake then take out and cover loosely with foil for a remaining 25 minutes.
- Take out and allow the tart to completely cool before cutting and serving.
This tastes amazing by itself but you can definitely pair with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as well.
You can also use different berries if you choose to!
I would love to see you create my recipes; just tag me with #fufuinthekitchen so I can see!
Similar Products that will work great for this recipe: