These gooey biscoff brownies are fudgy, moist, and have the perfect blend of biscoff flavor. The crust is crushed lotus biscoff cookies topped with a delicious brownie batter and swirls of cookie butter. I made these for family and friends the other day, which was devoured in minutes. I couldn’t wait to share the recipe with all of you. Lotus recipes like my biscoff cheesecake and no-bake lotus cake have always been crowd-pleasers, and I know you will feel the same about these once you try them!
I also wanted to share them in time for the holidays, as I know there will be many gatherings or cookie boxes in which these would be the perfect addition! These fudgy biscoff brownies are a fabulous melody of both chocolate and biscoff flavors without being overly sweet. To develop these, I used my fudgy brownie recipe as a reference and made some tweaks! What’s also awesome about these brownies as they can be made three days ahead of time and still be as delicious!
How to make Biscoff Brownies:
- The base is Lotus cookies that are pulsed finely with melted butter. You can even use speculoos cookies instead. The brownie crust should come together when patting it down in the prepped baking pan.
- Next, make the brownie batter. This is almost identical to my fudgy brownies, which are extremely popular on my blog. They are rich and decadent but, most important, full of chocolate flavor.
- The top will be swirls of melted cookie butter. Make sure to swirl it into the brownie batter and not just coat it. This is very important.
- Lastly, bake on the top rack for close to 30 minutes. You will ensure a moist brownie when baked at the top rack and never dry.
If you give these easy biscoff brownies a try, let me know what you think in the comments below and share your remakes with me on instagram!
- 9 oz Lotus cookies package (32 cookie pack) pulsed until fine in a food processor
- 7 tbsp Unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Semi sweet chocolate chunks or chips
Cookie Butter Topping
- 1/2 cup Lotus Biscoff cookie butter melted or 8 seconds in a microwave
- In a food processor, pulse lotus cookies until fine and mix this with the melted butter really well.
- Line an 8 by 8 baking pan with parchment paper and lay the cookie crust into the bottom of the pan. Make sure to press it down well into the pan to avoid any crumbling afterwards. It should look like one cohesive crust.
- To prepare the batter, mix together the butter and sugar then add the eggs and vanilla. Stir very well all together.
- To this, add the cocoa powder and all purpose flour until its a thick fudgy brownie batter. Fold in the chocolate pieces as well.
- Top the crust with the brownie batter and spread it out evenly.
- Melt the cookie butter in the microwave and spoon dollops of it on top of the brownie batter. I did 6 even dollops then go ahead and use a spatula, skewer, or butter knife to run swirls through the batter.
- Bake in a 350 F for 30 minutes on the top rack. Take it out and let it cool compltely before slicing and enjoying!