Let’s start off the New Year with dessert, why not? This sweet treat is super delicious and easy to make. You will find yourself baking them any chance you get for friends and family. I cant name one person who hasn’t tried blueberry muffins; and most love it! I personally enjoy the sweet but sour taste of the blueberries alongside the flavor of cinnamon in the crumble and batter. The crumble topping itself is sure to win you over. My husband took these muffins into work; and his co workers thoroughly enjoyed them. Once you try this blueberry muffin recipe; you won’t look elsewhere!
1 stick softened unsalted butter
3/4 – 1 cup of white sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk (can use whole milk as well)
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp lemon zest
2 cups fresh blueberries
1/4 cup flour
1 tbsp butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together the sugar and butter in a bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs, vanilla extract and lemon zest to the sugar and butter mixture. Mix all together.
- In a larger bowl, add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Lightly mix together.
- Slowly add half of the milk to the dry mixture and stir. Then slowly add half of the wet ingredients mixture into the dry and stir. Do the same thing till you are left with one batter.
- Mash 1/2 a cup of blueberries. Fold into the batter. Then pour the rest of the fresh blueberries and fold into the batter as well. Tip* Lightly coat whole blueberries with flour to avoid blueberries sinking to bottom of muffin.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with liners. Spray a little baking spray to avoid any of the cake sticking to the liner.
- To make the crumble top; mix and mash all the ingredients together with a fork till they look like crumbles.
- Fill muffin cups to the top with batter and sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Place in the preheated oven to bake for 20 minutes.
Get a muffin pan today through my shop affiliated with amazon! Link below 🙂