Hey friends! Do I got an easy and delicious recipe to share with you! This cajun creamy pasta is the perfect quick weeknight meal. It is so full of flavor and luscious; trust me you will not get enough. I am a big fan of pasta but I don’t eat it too often. Every now and then I like to indulge and this is one of my favorite ways to enjoy it.
This cajun creamy pasta was actually was inspired by Cheesecake Factory’s Louisiana Pasta when I came up with this recipe. That was the pasta dish my friends and I would almost always get when we dined there and I miss those days! So, I thought let me make something quite similar now that it has been on my mind. I also know you will thoroughly enjoy it!
It isn’t as spicy as it may sound but you can always play around with the heat level to make it more personalized to your preference. Also, this pasta is fantastic with some chicken breast or shrimp if you would like that added protein to the meal. But regardless, it is still hearty and filling. I personally like to enjoy it as is. I love those bits of bell pepper in there too. YUM!
If this pasta recipe isn’t for you then maybe check out these from my blog:
As always if you make any of my recipes, please do share your thoughts with me in the comment section below. I love to hear from you guys! I know this recipe will be a winner especially for all you pasta lovers out there. Give this a try and let me know what you think fam! I hope you enjoy!
Cajun Creamy Pasta
- 12 oz Bowtie Pasta cooked
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 1.5 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Broth/Stock or veggie stock
- 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1.5 tbsp Corn starch
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Sprinkle of Red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Bell pepper (not green) thinly sliced or chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 Red onion thinly sliced or chopped
- Parsley for garnish chopped
- In a pot, add the heavy cream, stock, and starch along with the seasonings and parmesan cheese. Mix together well while cold. Then bring this to a light boil then simmer.
- In a pan, add the butter with the garlic, onions, and bell peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes until slightly tender and lightly browned.
- Mix the veggie mixture into the pasta sauce and allow to cook together on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes. Sauce should be slightly thickened at this point.
- Add the cooked bowtie pasta that has been drained to the pasta sauce and mix together. Plate this creamy pasta and garnish with some chopped parsley. Enjoy as is or with chicken or shrimp!