Okay, I don’t know about you but I have always had a love affair with garlic. It is so good on literally everything! When you add cheese to it then it’s even more special. Before finding out I was dairy and gluten intolerant, I would devour these cheese garlic bread any chance I got. Now not so much, but if you use gluten-free bread and dairy free butter and cheese you are set. I am going to try that next time. These are quick and easy to whip up for guests or for pasta night dinner. Give them a try and let me know!
A French baguette or Italian loaf
3 tbsp unsalted butter (room temp.)
5 mashed garlic cloves
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut the baguette on a diagonal to make it look like a crostini. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the room temperature butter with the garlic cloves, salt, and Italian seasoning. Mix together.
- Spread butter mixture on each crostini. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place buttered crostinis on the baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes before taking out and adding about a tsp of cheese on each one. Coat the top with cheese. Place back in the oven for about 2 minutes till melted.
- Enjoy! It is the perfect side dish for pasta dinner!