Hey friends! Happy Monday 🙂 Today, I am sharing with you a quick healthy snack that is also perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth without feeling guilty. It is super simple to put together too; literally taking no time at all! Some of us still have dates leftover from Ramadan and some of us just love dates and buy them on the regular. So, this is perfect to put together as a little sweet bite. Also, I don’t know about you but I love chocolate and orange together; something about the bittersweet chocolate with the fresh tangy citrus just makes sense.
12 Mejdool dates
3 tbsp creamy almond butter
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
Zest of 1 orange
3-4 ounces of dark chocolate (75% or more)
Servings: 12 pieces
Total Time: 10 min to assemble; 2 hours to freeze
- Cut the date in half like a pocket. Do not cut it all the way through; just enough to split open and take out the pit.
- Stuff the date with 1/2 a tsp of almond butter and sprinkle about 1/4 tsp of orange zest as well. Then add 2 pieces of chopped walnuts to add some crunch.
- Cover the stuffed dates with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours. Take out and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl for 2 minutes in the microwave. Toss the stuffed date in the chocolate till well coated then place on plate or parchment paper to dry. Before drying, sprinkle with orange zest for garnish and sea salt.
- To store, place them in an airtight container or ziplock and keep in either fridge or freezer to snack on.