Hey friends! Lately, I have been overwhelmingly busy and I am sure many of you are too! So, this coconut curry shrimp is the perfect dinner meal because it is so simple to make and doesn’t take much time at all yet it tastes like it did! You can’t beat that. If you aren’t the biggest shrimp fan, you can substitute it for chicken. Not only is this easy and delicious but also keto friendly, dairy free, soy free and gluten free! I hope you enjoy this meal. Tag me on my social media if you do! I would love to see 🙂
Servings: 2-4 people
Total Time: 10-15 minutes
1 lb raw deveined shrimp
13 oz. of Thai Kitchen whole coconut milk
2 tbsp mild curry powder (can use curry paste)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1 medium onion thinly sliced
3 minced garlic cloves
1/2 a fresh lime’s juice
1/2 tsp paprika
Salt & pepper to taste
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 tbsp neutral oil or coconut oil
- In a nonstick pan, add the olive oil to low/medium heat on the stove and then add the onions and garlic. Saute till fragrant and becoming transparent.
- Then add the curry, coriander, and ginger to the onions and garlic. Mix around for a few minutes before adding the coconut milk.
- Once the milk is added, keep stirring all the flavors together. Season with salt and pepper. This will require 10 minutes of simmering to slightly thicken the sauce.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper, and paprika. Add to the sauce. Mix around. Add 1/2 a lime’s juice.
- Now, add the chopped cilantro for some fragrance. Taste and see if you need more seasoning. Then plate and garnish the cilantro and a lime slice.
- Serve this with rice for a complete dish that is super delicious!