You need to try this shortcut version to the danishes you all love to buy at the local supermarket and bakeries! This crescent roll cheese danish is absolutely light, not too sweet, creamy with a hint of citrus. I was very pleased with how these came out and I couldn’t wait to share with you as I know how much you guys love an easy sweet treat!
The touch of jam on top really takes it over the top with flavor. You can use any jam that you prefer for this cheese danish; I went ahead with fig! Crescent rolls really come in handy when in a pinch. It is nice to always have a tin in the fridge. Who knew you can make a crescent roll cheese danish?
You only need a few ingredients and steps to make this super delicious cheese danish. It is the perfect serving size too I might add. It is just around 150 calories a serving but will definitely satisfy that sweet tooth. You cannot go wrong with trying this recipe.
Be sure to check out my quick video below to see how to make these crescent roll cheese danishes in no time at all. If you are anything like me; you love to see a visual! I will take you step by step in the process so you will have these on the table in less than 30 min!
Here are some other super easy dessert recipes worth trying:
- 2 Crescent Roll Tin
- 8 oz Cream cheese room temp
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar (confectionary sugar)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon juice about half a lemon's juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Egg beaten
- 1 tsp Water
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- First, take out the crescent rolls rom their package but DO NOT unwraevel the rolls into their triangles. Keep it in the cylinder shape and cut into 8 pieces. Please see video demonstrating.
- Once cut into 8, use a spoon to create a nest in the center of each crescent disc. Then, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet a few inches apart.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg and water. Brush this eggwash onto the crescent rolls then sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- To make the filling, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and zest until it is super creamy and smooth. I used my kitchenaid with the paddle attchmen tto do this but you can use an electric beater or even a bowl and a rubber utensil.
- Add a dollap of the filling to each of the crescent roll nests that were created. About 1-2 tbsp of the filling.
- Then place in a 350 F oven to bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and then add a little bit more lemon zest on top.
- Spoon a tsp of your favorite jam over the top as well for that fruit cheese flavor that is loved in a danish.