I have so many dates leftover from Ramadan and I wanted to create a series based on this amazing fruit; dates. They are naturally sweet, high in fiber, and antioxidants, and overall very nutritious. One of the first recipes that I am sharing is these Date walnut cookies which I may say are heavenly. They are soft in the center, chewy, and have the perfect crunch from walnuts and sweetness from the dates. All of the flavors and textures go so well together!
I really hope you try these super easy date walnut cookies. They are a great way to use up the dates in your pantry. You can substitute walnuts for almonds or pecans even. This cookie base is one that I use for many cookie recipes and it has never failed me.
Check out these other delicious date recipes on my website too:
Date Walnut Cookies
- 1.5 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter room temperature
- 1 cup medjool dates (10 dates) soft and diced, soften dates by submerging them in water for a few minutes
- 1 cup Walnuts crushed
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Flavor
- 1 Egg
- In a bowl, mix together the butter along with both sugars, egg, and vanilla. Use a paddle attachment if using a kitchenaid.
- Add to this the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Add the dates and walnuts; fold it into the batter.
- Chill the cookie batter for 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Scoop uniform cookie balls using a cookie scooper onto the pan leaving space between the cookies to spread when they bake.
- Bake at 350 F for 13 minutes. The bottom will be lightly browned and the top will be soft. Allow the cookies to cool at room temperature. This will take about 5 minutes. Enjoy warm or room temp. with a cup of milk, coffee, or tea!