Easy Healthy Homemade Granola
Hey friends! I was shopping the other day, and I bought some dairy-free coconut yogurt. My favorite topping on yogurt is granola! So, the next day I made some delicious granola to eat with my yogurt and I had to share the recipe with you guys. I haven’t purchased granola in a long time because most of the ones in the market are full of sugar! The ones that are “healthy” are so expensive so I started making my own. My husband loves to snack on it or eat it with almond milk.
You can’t go wrong with making granola. There are so many variations! It takes less than 30 minutes too. You only need oats, nuts, some sort of sweetener and you have granola. Everything else is additional but makes it SOO good. You can play around with the recipe to your liking. I enjoy it just like this though!
Servings: 4 cups of granola
Total Time: 25 minutes
2 cups of rolled oats (I used Gluten Free Oats)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
1/4 tsp chai seasoning (or ground nutmeg)
1/4 cup tbsp raisins
3 tbsp coconut flakes
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/4 cup raw walnuts
3 tbsp pepitas
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 1/2 sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, pepitas, walnuts, salt, cinnamon, and chai.
- Add the coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla. Mix together very well. Pour granola onto the pan and spread out to make an even layer. *Tip: If you want granola clusters then add a little bit more sweetener and make sure to pack the granola close together before baking and after stirring midway.
- Bake for 10 minutes till golden brown then stir it, add the coconut, and bake it for another 10 minutes.
- Once done, mix in the raisins, chia & flax seeds. Leave the granola to cool so it stays crispy. Then place in airtight jars or containers for up to 2 weeks.
What are peptides?
Hey, pepitas are pumpkin seeds!
I gave this recipe a try I followed the recipe to the t I just used the nuts I had in hand which were almonds and cashews and it smells and tastes just as good. Thank you for sharing the recipe my kids loved it and have been having for breakfast the passed 2 days 🙂
Happy that your family enjoyed it 🙂
Hi thank you for posting. I cant have nuts or oats so do you have any ideas what i can use instead? Thanks
Hi Ameera, maybe an assortment of seeds?