I think it is safe to say we have all had eggs before but have you ever had them made in a muffin pan? Most likely not! Here is your chance to try something new with your eggs. This egg muffin recipe is a great way to incorporate all those veggies that you have in your fridge. Perfect to trick your kids into eating some extra greens too. This week I’m concentrating on recipes that can be used with a muffin tin to show you how versatile that kitchen tool is. Mushrooms and bell peppers are a great substitute if the veggies below aren’t in your fridge.
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/3 cup diced beef sausage
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with all the seasonings listed above.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin by spraying very well with nonstick cooking spray. This is very important or else the egg muffins will not come out of their spot.
- Add the mixed chopped vegetables to the bottom of each muffin cup. Then add the diced sausage on top of that.
- Next, pour or spoon the egg mixture over the veggies ans sausage till filling the muffin cup 3/4 of the way.
- Then sprinkle about a tbsp of shredded cheese on top of each as well.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then take out to enjoy. If some are a little stuck to the edges of the pan, use a knife around the edges to loosen the egg muffin then pop out.