Hey friends! I made these easy gluten and dairy free coconut cookies the other week for my family and they were a hit. Each and every cookie was gone in a matter of minutes. They are also free of refined sugar and less sweet than most cookies which my family and I love. These are the perfect treat to make with your kids because they are so easy to whip together and fun when drizzling the chocolate. Also, they would love it in their school lunch box and you do not have to feel any guilt about what you are feeding them because they are healthy! I hope all you coconut lovers make this cookie and the ones who aren’t too keen on coconut; give this a try!
Servings: 12 cookies
Total Time: approx. 25 minutes
1/3 cup coconut sugar (can sub for light brown sugar)
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup finely shredded coconut flakes unsweetened
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp vanilla flavoring
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 beaten egg (use flax egg if vegan)
1/4 cup melted white or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place all the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl first.
- Add the vanilla, and coconut oil to the beaten egg.
- Then add the wet mixture to the dry one and mix together either using a kitchen aid or a rubber spatula.
- Using a tbsp cookie scooper or your hands shape the mixture into balls. Then flatten out the cookie gently with your hand. Place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven to bake for about 8 minutes till edges and bottom start to brown.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate or leave as is. Enjoy this yummy treat!
Below are products you may find useful for this recipe!