I like to snack. You will always find me nibbling on something especially when I am too lazy to make a meal. Often, it’s easy to grab something that isn’t necessarily healthy but easily accessible. So, it is important to keep healthier snacks in our pantry in order to stop us from reaching for those chips or cookies! These crackers are a great alternative. They are easy to make, gluten and dairy free, and keto friendly if munching on a few.
Servings: 30-40 crackers
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 cups almond flour
1 1/4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp za’atar
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp fresh or dried rosemary
1/2 tsp kosher salt
Sprinkle of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, and zaatar.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and olive oil together. Add the wet mix into the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula till well combined.
- Form a ball out of the dough. Place it between two layers of parchment paper. Roll out the dough to the thickness desired. Remove top paper. Cut the dough into desired shapes. I cut mine into squares with a pizza cutter. Sprinkle with a little more salt. Place it as is with the parchment paper on a baking sheet and into the oven for 10-15 minutes till golden brown around the edges.
- Take out and let it sit for 20-30 minutes to air dry so it has a nice crunch. Store in a ziplock bag.
- Enjoy as is or with any dip! We used it to dip with baba ghanoush.