This is the salad that you would make ahead and enjoy for days to come as a side to different proteins or even as a stand alone meal! It is hearty, packed with Mediterranean flavors, and nutritious! I love this greek orzo salad for so many reasons! First, I am a sucker for anything with feta cheese. Cheese is life! Secondly, I love fresh produce in my meals and this cold pasta salad incorporates that so effortlessly. Lastly, it is just so darn good and easy to make!
This Greek Orzo salad is always a crowd pleaser and is especially fantastic for the warmer days ahead. I often would make it as a side dish on days we would BBQ or for a quick meal with some shrimp on top! Really, the list is endless as this is just a versatile dish. It is also flexible; so you can change up a few ingredients if need be. Maybe you aren’t keen on olives; keep them out or try adding some diced artichoke hearts instead. Have fun with this vibrant pasta salad. Don’t have sundried tomatoes? No problem, use fresh!
Orzo is literally the perfect size pasta for these types of salads but you can use elbow pasta as well if need be. Honestly, any small shaped pasta would work but this is a Greek Orzo salad after all!
I have always been a sucker for Mediterranean flavors. How about you? To me, it is just refreshing especially that dressing mixed with aromatic dried herbs like mint and oregano along with the olive oil and fresh lemon juice. You really can’t go wrong with this simple pasta salad. You just need a few ingredients and what takes the most time is just cutting up the vegetables; that’s it. Easy Peasy!
Check out these other salads on my blog; I think you will enjoy them:
Greek Orzo Salad
- 1/2 cup Red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup Sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Red Bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup Dill, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Black Olives, diced
- 1/2 cup Cucumber, diced
- 8 oz Feta, diced
- 8 oz Orzo, cooked
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 2 Lemon's juice
- 1 tbsp Dried Mint
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tbsp Red chili flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients. Taste and adjust to your liking!
- Mix together all of the salad ingredients very well. Then toss the dressing with the salad until everything is evenly coated. This salad is best served cold! It tastes even better the next day and can be enjoyed for days in an airtight container in the fridge.