I can’t believe summer is almost ever! One of my favorite things about the summertime is grilling with friends and family. Who doesn’t love enjoying good food, weather, and company? These grilled salmon kebobs are a must make before you put that grill away! Seafood is almost always intimidating to grill as it is very delicate. Often, it can get stuck to the grates or overcook so typically it isn’t grilled as often as chicken or red meat.
However, these grilled salmon kebobs are a game-changer in every aspect. They are perfectly cooked, don’t get stuck, and packed with so much flavor.
Tips for fantastic grilled salmon kebobs
First, make sure that the grill is cleaned thoroughly. The grates cannot have residue and must be sprayed with nonstick spray or prepped with a brush of oil. This will allow for the fish not to stick to the grates and then fall apart which happens since the fish is very delicate.
Secondly, the salmon must be of great quality and preferably a center cut. Meaning, the kebobs come from the thickest part of the salmon and are then cubed evenly. Also, salmon cannot be marinated more than an hour tops in advance. Seafood for that matter will become like ceviche and start to cook with the salt and lemon in the marinade. It is very important the salmon be fresh, worked gently, and marinated for no more than 1 hour.
Lastly, the cooking time is the most important and this is dependent on the temperature of the grill. If cooking at 300-325 F then the cooking time is roughly 20 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon. If cooking at 400-425 F then the cooking time is roughly half of that flipping halfway through. You can also bake these at 350 F for about 15 minutes!
As always, I would love to hear your thought on this recipe! Be sure to leave me a comment below and share your remakes with me on Instagram!
Grilled Salmon Kebobs
- 2 lbs Salmon fillets, no skin, center cut, cut into cubes center cut is the thickest part of the fillet
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Lemon's Juice
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard do not use yellow mustard, omit if anything
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Parsley, minced
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper generously. Make sure all the salmon cubes are evenly cut into about 1-2 inches in size.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the salmon cubes into the marinade and toss gently until they are all coated.
- Place the salmon pieces onto a skewer. If using a wooden skewer, be sure to soak those in water for 30 minutes before using.
- Assembly 2-3 salmon cubes then fold a lemon slice then add 2-3 more salmon cubes and top with cherry tomatoes to finish. Repeat until there is no more salmon.
- Place the skewers on a clean grate of the grill sprayed with nonstick spray. The grill should be about 325 F. If so, grill for about 20 minutes flipping once half way through. If grill is at 425f, it will take half the time to cook. Salmon will appear opaque pink and flaky when cooked through.
- Enjoy the skewers with rice and a refreshing salad for a delicious and hearty meal!