Healthy Oat Crepes
Want to know one of my weaknesses when it comes to my sweet tooth? Crepes. So, you can only imagine my joy when I developed these healthy oat crepes using Hearthy Foods Oat flour. Both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I knew I had to get the recipe out to you guys asap! Not only will you love it, but so will your children and this is a great way to get some extra nutrients in using oat flour and adding fillings like fresh fruit and nut butter.
Let me tell you something about me. Anywhere I go that has crepes on the dessert menu; you bet that I will be ordering it and I don’t even have a big sweet tooth just a constant desire for crepes especially strawberry banana and chocolate or in this case almond butter!
My favorite part of a crepe is its simplicity. Just a few ingredients, no fuss, and all the deliciousness. You can have fun with it too; there are endless topping and filling options! The most important part of a crepe is to get the batter consistency right; the rest is easy peasy.
Why Oat Flour?
These healthy oat crepes starring Hearthy Foods Oat Flour is bulletproof. You just can’t mess it up! Promise. Oat flour is most definitely a more beneficial alternative to all-purpose flour. So, use it any chance you get. It tastes wonderful in cakes, pies, shakes, you name it. I use it in my cheesecake, crumb pies, and tarts every chance I get. Oat flour has loads of fiber and is rich in essential vitamins like Magnesium & Phosphorous.
Hearthy Food’s Oat flour is certified gluten-free, dairy-free, keto-friendly, Non-GMO, and has no added sugar. Their products are made with the utmost care and quality here in America providing a super fresh product. Their Oat flour is also one of several award-winning flour blends they make!
This post is sponsored by Hearthy Foods. All ideas are my own. Use code Fufu10 for 10% off your purchase.
Healthy Oat Crepes
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups Hearthy Foods Oat Flour
- 1 cup Almond Milk Milk of choice
- 1/4 cup Water
- Pinch Salt
- Mix all the above ingredients together very well.
- Prep a nonstick pan with non-stick spray so the batter won't stick. This is very important. Do not go overboard on the spray just enough to coat the pan.
- Warm the pan on medium heat. Pour a large ladle of batter onto the pan. Swivel the pan around so the batter spreads thinly throughout.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned then set aside and repeat.
- Fill and/or top with your favorite fruits, nuts, nut butters, sweetener, and chocolate. The one pictured is stuffed with almond butter, bananas, and strawberries then topped with maple syrup and more fruit and nuts.
If crepes aren’t your thing, then check out these other awesome options on my blog:
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl with Vanilla Almond Granola
Healthy Chia pudding & Overnight Oats
and so much more!
Can I use rice flour?
It has not been tested with rice flour. It may work but you would have to double-check the ratio.
Omg these look delicioussss! I’m so making these!
Looking forward to hearing what you think!
Do you have any thoughts about a sub for the eggs?
Yes, a flax or chia egg would work to make it vegan. 1 tbsp chia or flax with 3 tbsp water stirred together and left for a few minutes.
I’m in love with this recipe!! I was wondering if I could grinder my oats to flour. Would that work??
yes, you can!