From the first time I had guacamole; it was love at first sight. Cliche right? But Oh so true. Avocados were not part of my food group till guacamole entered my life. Now I make sure there is always avocados stocked in my fridge. Guacamole is so versatile; can be used as a side; dip; or garnish. The recipe I am sharing with you all is one I’ve used for the past 5 years. A recipe my father loves for me to make whenever we have some extra avocados lying around. I hope you all love this simple yet refreshing dish!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 4-6 people
1/2 a red onion
1/4 of a jalapeno
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Handful of cilantro
Optional: 2 small-medium tomatoes
- Cut 3 avocados in half length wise and take out the pit using the same sharp knife. Once that is done, scoop the avocado out and place in a bowl. Mash up the avocados using a spoon till chunky or smooth; whatever consistency you prefer.
- Finely chop up half a red onion and place in the bowl. Do not mix yet!
- Finely cut 1/4 of a jalapeno and place in the bowl. If you like a little extra heat; include the seeds and cut up some extra jalapeno in there.
- Roughly chop up some cilantro.
- Optional: Dice the tomatoes and place into the bowl.
- Juice half of a lemon over the mixture as well.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly and add salt and pepper to taste. If not acidic enough; squeeze some more fresh lemon juice!
Take out those tortilla chips & go for a dip or use this as a refreshing side to a heavy meal.
Bon Appétit! 🙂
Make this and let me know what you think in the comment section! I would love your feedback.