Hey friends! The other night, I was laying in bed and my creative juices were flowing. I knew I wanted to make something with ground beef for the following day but not sure what! Yes, I often plan my meals the night before! So, I wanted to do something different when the idea of a kufta tart popped into my mind. Often, I utilize things I already have in my pantry or fridge and that is what I did in this case. I thought it was an awesome idea especially since it is keto friendly which is perfect for hubby, it is dairy and gluten free which is perfect for me and above all, I was sure it would be delicious! I topped the kufta tart with salad and toasted nuts but you can top it with anything! You can top with hummus or plain yogurt or rice and salad. The options are endless. This is also the perfect treat for a gathering or a party; you will surely impress your guests.
Servings: 6 tarts
Total Time: 40 min
1 lb of ground beef
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp allspice
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
2-3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the ground beef to a bowl. Mix in all the seasonings and chopped veggies. Mix very well.
- Prep your tart pans with olive oil and then add about 2-3 tbsp of the ground beef into the 4-inch tart pans with removable bottoms. Spread out the beef evenly in the pan. You do not want it to be thin or too thick.
- Place the tarts on a baking pan. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes till cooked through. There will be a layer of fat that comes to the top once you take them out of the oven. Just scoop that out with a spoon.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Once slightly cooled, add the chopped salad on top then drizzle with the tahini dressing and adorn with toasted livered almonds for the perfect appetizer!
1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped parsley and cilantro
1/4 cup chopped red onions
2 scallions diced
1 Persian cucumber finely chopped
3 finely chopped radishes
1 roasted pepper finely chopped
1/2 a lemon’s juice
1-2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Mix all the chopped veggies in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and olive oil and toss the salad. Season well with salt and pepper.
Lemon Tahini Sauce
1 fresh lemon’s juice
1 tbsp water (to thin it out if necessary)
3 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
A sprinkle of sumac (optional)
- Mix all the above ingredients together. If too watery then add more tahini if too thick then add more lemon juice or water.
*TART PANS: [WooZoneProducts asin=”B001392JRE”][/WooZoneProducts]