These Mediterranean style potatoes will change the way you look at a potato. They are so good! The potatoes are not only creamy and tender on the inside but the exterior is caramelized and crispy. The flavors are even better because what is better than olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs?
I have always been a fan of Greek-style potatoes when I would go to a Greek restaurant. I almost always order them as a side to my dish. The flavors of lemon and olive oil just make me happy! These are reminiscent of those restaurant potatoes I always order. They go perfectly with any protein on the side, especially chicken.
I often make these Mediterranean style potatoes when I have friends coming over for dinner because they are such a crowd-pleaser. Everyone always raves how delicious they are from flavor to texture. I really hope you give these a try for yourself! I promise you will not be disappointed. I have actually been meaning to write this recipe for a while now and am so happy that I am finally sharing it with you all.
Here are some other potato recipes worth trying as I am a huge potato fan and have plenty:
Batata Harra (spicy potatoes), chimichurri potatoes, scalloped potatoes. Please do share with me on my Instagram page any remakes you do! I would love to see and leave a comment below to let me know what you think!
Mediterranean Style Potatoes
- 6 Golden potatoes, wedged these potatoes are the most creamy and don't require the skin to be peeled.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh lemon juice about 2 large lemon's
- 5 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. To a baking pan, prepped with nonstick spray, add the potato wedges. Season the potatoes generously with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, dried oregano, and garlic cloves. Pour this over the potatoes evenly making sure all of them are coated in this marinade.
- Scatter the rosemary onto the potatoes then cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour covered. Then, flip the wedges and bake for 30 minutes uncovered. Be careful moving the potatoes as they will be tender.
- After potatoes are done baking, they will be creamy on the inside and have a crisp exterior with plenty of flavor.