Okay, I am going to be completely honest with you guys. This is the first time I ever worked with ground chicken and the second time I have ever had it in general. I noticed most Middle Eastern households don’t use ground chicken or ground turkey. I am not sure why but my family always seemed to favor red meat. Well lately, my husband and I have been cutting down on red meat and I figured let me try to work with ground chicken. You guys, it came out great and I went and bought it again this week! This recipe is super simple and delicious too.
Servings: approx. 25 meatballs
Total Time: approx. 30 minutes
Approx. 1 1/4 lbs of ground chicken
1 tbsp za’atar
1 tsp sumac
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ground cloves
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/4 cup parmesan or nutritional yeast
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients above.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scooper ( 1 1/2 tbsp big) shape the meatballs or you can simply use your eyes to measure and hands to roll them.
- Line them on a baking sheet. Bake for about 20-22 minutes. Broil them for less than a minute to get a nice golden color on top.
- Take out and enjoy with some spaghetti or spaghetti squash for a much lower carb option!