Hey you guys! How are you doing? I hope you are having a wonderful Eid! Yesterday, I had a few family and friends over for a chill night just to enjoy each other’s company. I wanted to make some appetizers or finger foods that my guests can enjoy throughout the evening. One of the things I made were these delicious chicken taquitos; I mean they were good! What is not to like about moist chicken mixed in with cheeses and herbs in a tortilla? Best yet, this is so simple to make and works beyond perfectly for that leftover chicken that we never know what to do with!
Servings: approx. 18 taquitos
Total Time: 40 minutes
2 large well seasoned chicken breasts cooked and shredded (can use any part of the chicken you like)
5 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup of shredded cheese (I used Mexican style)
1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
1/4 cup finely diced yellow, red, or orange bell pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
2 tbsp taco seasoning
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp dried oregano
20-small to medium soft flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a bowl, mix all your ingredients together very well.
- Spray a large baking pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Take out a tortilla and lay it out flat. Place 1-2 tbsp of your filling running down the center and roll it tightly so it looks like a cigar. Place the taquito seam down in the pan. Repeat this process till no more filling is left.
- Spray the taquitos with more olive oil and sprinkle some salt on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes till golden brown and crisp. Enjoy on its own or with some guacamole!
Notes* if gluten and dairy free, use dairy free cream cheese and shredded cheese. Use gluten free tortillas and this can easily be made dietary friendly.