These are easy homemade oven-baked chicken taquitos that you can have on the table in just 30 minutes! You truly cannot go wrong with this recipe. You get all your food groups in one handheld bite that the whole family can enjoy. Imagine enjoying it with a side of guacamole, mango salsa, or a fresh salad! Honestly, I can just eat the whole pan on its own. That is how good these chicken taquitos are.
You also won’t believe how easy it is until you just go ahead and make it. Even easier would be to use rotisserie chicken and shred that all up rather than cook the chicken. That alone will save you another 10 minutes! To make these healthier than most chicken taquitos; I bake them! I also use low carb tortillas. These are simple things you can do to make it better for you without sacrificing any flavor.
These oven-baked taquitos are just as crispy as deep-fried ones without all that excess oil. I can imagine these would be great air-fried as well! I love making these taquitos for football Sunday, Superbowl. or anytime my husband has his pal’s over for an MMA fight. They all seem to love it!
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, diced
- 3 tsbp Taco seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
Other filling ingredients
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced finely
- 1/3 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 5 oz Cream Cheese room temperature or softened
- 2 cups Mexican style or colby jack shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp Taco seasoning
- 12 Tortillas of choice I use flour tortillas that are low carb
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a pan, add the olive oil and saute the chicken with the seasonings until it is cooked through. This should take about 7 minutes until it is juicy and tender. To be sure it is cooked, no pink should be in the center. Then, set aside and give the chicken a rough chop.
- In that same pan, saute the bell pepper for a few minutes just to make them a little tender. This shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the softened cream cheese with the other cheeses, cilantro, bell pepper, and diced chicken. Season with more of the taco seasoning and stir together really well.
- Lay the tortilla flat and add 2 big spoonfuls of the filling towards one end of the tortilla and then fold and wrap tight like a cigar and lay seam side down. Keep repeating until no filling remains.
- Lay them flat onto a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray seam side down. Spray the taquitos as well and sprinkle with some salt.
- Bake in a 425 F preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until crispy. Enjoy warm with pico de gallo, sour cream, and or guacamole!
Hi Heifa! I made these taquitos today with some leftover rotisserie chicken. I only had herb and garlic cream cheese so I used that and increased the chillis to make them spicier. They turned out absolutely delicious! Perfect blend of crispy tortillas and creamy, spicy filling ☺️ will definitely be making these again!
I am so happy you enjoyed them! That modification sounds delicious too!
Made these today for dinner and it’s beyond amazing thank you for the recipe 😋
My pleasure, Rana!
Is the cream cheese added in step 2? Thanks!
I made these today and they were a hit. Super easy to make and so flavorful. Thank you for this recipe 😃