Hey everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful day.
How many of us have a preference when it comes to chicken? Dark or light meat? Baked or fried? Mine has always been juicy oven baked chicken breast but I decided to try something different the other day. So for dinner over the weekend, I decided to switch things up by baking some delicious drumsticks instead of the routine chicken breast. Boy, these were full of flavor and extremely juicy! I seasoned them with both Asian and Middle Eastern flavors; the result was fantastic. The sumac and onions add that Arabic touch while the coconut aminos and minced garlic adds some Asian flare. The next time you want a simple dinner idea; try these!
2 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
1 tbsp minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 large onion sliced
2 tbsp sumac seasoning
1 tbsp butter or plant based butter (that’s what I use)
2-3 tbsp water
2 Tbsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 13 inch pan, lay the drumsticks down. Under the skin of the drumstick, add 1/4 tsp of “butter”.
- In a small bowl, mix together the balsamic, coconut aminos and minced garlic.
- Add the mixture over the chicken. Salt and pepper the chicken generously. Sprinkle with garlic powder too.
- Scatter the sliced onions in between the drumsticks and on top as well. Sprinkle the sumac on top of the chicken and onions.
- Add the water to the pan; it keeps the chicken moist. Bake in the oven for 1 hour 5 minutes till tender.
- Take out and enjoy!