You guys, its Fall! The most wonderful time of the year in my opinion. Crisp weather, flannel shirts and boots, apple picking and all things pumpkin. I asked you all what kind of recipe you wanted to see for this fall and a majority answered with anything pumpkin! You sure are pumpkin lovers. Well, I hope I delivered with this easy pumpkin spice brownie cup that will impress your family and guests. It’s delicious, easy to do and full of pumpkin and chocolate flavors without being overpowering.
Servings: 10 brownie cups
Total Time: approx. 45 minutes.
1 box of Ghiradelli brownie mix or use my fudgy brownie recipe
1 tsp chai seasoning (I use Spice Tree Organics Chai)
1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
8 ounces of pumpkin puree filling
4 ounces room temp cream cheese (whipped may be best)
3 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tbsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp chai spice (add more for bigger flavor)
1 tsp honey
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Bake the brownie mix according to instructions on the box but make sure to add the chai and pumpkin spice to the brownie mix. Bake in a cupcake pan with no liner but be sure to spray the pan so batter doesn’t stick. Mine baked for about 30 min. Do not overbake the brownies.
- Once out of the oven. Take a 1/4 cup measuring cup and smash it into the brownie cupcake to form like a cup. Allow to cool.
- In the meantime, make the mousse frosting. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the topping till smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust if you like more of a chai or pumpkin flavor. I used my kitchen aid mixer (which was cooled in the freezer before using) with the whisk attachment for this part. You can use a bowl and whisk or handheld whisk if you do not own a KitchenAid.
- Take the brownie cups out of the molds using a spatula to loosen the corner. If brownies are cooled enough, top with the pumpkin mousse frosting by piping it or spooning it in. Whatever works best for you.
- In a skillet, saute the seeds with some honey till golden brown. This should take 1-2 minutes. Allow seeds to cool. Then top the brownie pumpkin cups with them. It adds a nice crunch and design.
- These can be kept out same day but should be covered and placed in the refrigerator for overnight then taken out.