These shrimp quesadillas are just perfect for a quick delicious bite and a fantastic choice for Super bowl this weekend! They are made in literally no time at all. It is the most satisfying bite of shrimp, gooey cheese and caramelized peppers and onions! I want some right now by just writing this up. Plus, most of the ingredients if not all are already in most of our fridges and pantry. This same recipe would work with steak and chicken as well. It is not just confined to shrimp. These are perfect with some guacamole, sour cream or salsa to dip in or just on their own!
Total time: 15-20 minutes
Servings: 8-10 pieces
12 oz medium cooked shrimp deveined/no tail
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups shredded cheese preferably Monterey jack
1 finely diced bell pepper
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/2 an onion finely chopped
cilantro and dill as garnish
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp fresh lemon’s juice
4 regular sized tortillas
- First, marinate the shrimp with a tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and chili powder. Mix all together and let the shrimp sit in this for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the rest of the olive oil into a pan and cook the bell peppers, onions and garlic on medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the same pan and cook for 2 minutes. The shrimp I used was already cooked; so I just heated it up with the pepper mixture. If you use raw shrimp, all it needs is 4 minutes to cook!
- In large pan, spray with olive oil and heat up. Add one tortilla to this pan. On one half of the tortilla, add a handful of the shredded cheese. Let that melt a bit then add the shrimp and veggie mixture on top of the cheese. Top with a little more cheese and sprinkle some cilantro. Flip over the other side of the tortilla and gently press down. Take out of pan and cut in half.
- Repeat the same steps with the rest of the tortillas.
- Serve with a side of guacamole, dill infused sour cream or some pico de gallo! All pair amazingly with any quesadilla; not just shrimp. I ate mine with some mashed avocado for a great bite!