These slow-cooked beef short ribs are one of those meals that you just season, toss in the oven, and bake to perfection. It bakes for 3 hours giving you enough time to nap, do errands/chores, and catch up on other things. It is delicious with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and/or cheesy scalloped potatoes.
My husband who is a meat lover enjoyed these so much that I made these 3 times in a week’s time! Yes, insane right? It is tangy, slightly sweet and super tender. Many recipes call for ketchup and BBQ sauce for slow-cooked beef short ribs. I used a common pantry staple of mine; pomegranate molasses. It is tangy and sweet; it offers the same dimension of flavor of any BBQ sauce. I also used worchestire sauce which goes really well with red meat and offers so much flavor. Lastly, I added liquid smoke which you can find in most markets. This ingredient will offer a smoky flavor!
These simple ingredients bring a flavorful dish to life especially that head of garlic that will roast and be divine. I urge you to try this out! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Slow-Cooked Beef Short Ribs
- 2 lbs Boneless Beef Short Ribs
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Molasses
- 1/2 cup Worchestire Sauce
- 1 Head of Garlic peeled
- 1/4 cup Liquid Smoke
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Season the boneless beef short ribs with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place them into the desired baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the liquid smoke, pomegranate molasses, and worchestire sauce. Pour this all over the beef short ribs. Make sure the beef short ribs are covered in sauce.
- Add the garlic cloves into the crevices between the meat.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 2.5 hours on the Middle rack in the oven. Then flip them over and bake for another 20-30 minutes uncovered. Spoon the sauce on top of the meat. Make sure the ribs are fork tender. If not, cover and bake for a few more minutres.
- Serve with mashed potatoes !