These delicious treats are super adaptable meaning you can mix and match endless flavors to your liking. All you really need is chocolate and one type of filling. That is all! How easy is that? Oh, and it only takes 5 minutes to make and about 30 min to an hour to freeze. These beauties look like Reese’s but these don’t have any refined sugar! You won’t believe that something this good isn’t bad for you! It tastes like it would be, trust me. What is extra awesome about these is they can be made ahead of time and ready to whip out for any sweet craving.
Servings: about 20 mini chocolate cups or 10-12 medium sized
Total Time: 1 hour
1 large bar of Dark Chocolate (or any chocolate you prefer) about 12 ounces
3/4 cup nut butter (almond, peanut, sunflower, and cashew)
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup crushed hazelnuts
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Takes abut 1-2 minutes. Add a few drops of coconut oil to thin out the chocolate if necessary.
- Line a baking pan with cupcake liners. You can use a mini cupcake pan like I did or a regular sized one.
- Pour some chocolate abut 1 tbsp into the liner. Drop a small spoonful of the nut butter of your choice in the center of each cup.
- Layer a sprinkling of coconut flakes and crushed hazelnuts on top of that.
- Pour another tablespoon of chocolate on top of all this. Make sure the stuffing is well covered.
- Place in freezer for 30 min to an hour until solid. Take off the liner and enjoy this healthy treat!
- Store in airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Use 100% Dark chocolate if you are on the Keto Diet or if you do not want any sugar in your chocolate and stuff with any nut butter.
Use Peanut butter and berry jam/jelly inside for a play on PB & J chocolate cups. The kids would love it~
Fill with chocolate mousse or white chocolate ganache and raspberry.
Fill with caramel and crushed pecans.
Strawberry jam & Cheesecake stuffed chocolate cups.
The list is endless!