Lasagna is one of those comfort foods that always hits the spot. What’s better than pasta, ricotta, seasoned ground beef, marinara sauce, and tons of cheese?
Just a few steps with several simple ingredients and you have yourself a wholesome delicious meal that will keep you going back from more. To make it even easier, I used a store-bought marinara sauce and lasagna noodles that require no boiling which saves on more time and easier cleanup. Feel free to use gluten-free lasagna noodles in this recipe if need be as well! It works just as delicious. This was actually tested on brown rice GF noodles.
Try my white lasagna if meat and red sauce isn’t your thing! I personally love that variation.
The Best Classic Lasagna
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Package of Lasagna no boiling noodles is reccomended
- 32 oz Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 15 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp Dried Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese Mozzarella, Italian Style, or Colby Jack
- Cook the ground beef in a skillet until browned with the garlic and onion. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Add a majority of the marinara sauce to the beef and mix together.
- Add a thin layer of the beef sauce mixture to the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Top with the noodles (4 of them). *I used the no boiling required noodles. If you dont have these, then boil the noodles ahead of time to al dente since it will conitnue to cook while baking.
- Next, mix together the ricotta and 1/4 cup of the parmesan and italian seasoning in a bowl.
- Layer the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and smear equally all over the top.
- Add another layer of the noodles. Top once again with the meat mixture. Add 1 cup of shredded cheese on top. Then top with noodles again. Spread out the remainder of the marinara meat sauce. Sprinkle with the rest of the parmesan and the rest of the shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350 F oven covered tightly with aluminum foil for 50 minutes. Then take off the foil and bake for another 10 minutes. Enjoy warm!