I have always been intimidated when it comes to gluten-free baking and that is because it is something completely new to me. It wasn’t until this year that I decided to cut gluten from my lifestyle. You can only imagine how excited I was when this recipe worked out! I was hoping it would but I truly wasn’t sure if it would. But here it is, a deliciously moist banana nut bread perfect for dessert, breakfast or just to treat yourself without feeling as much guilt!
Servings: 1 loaf=8 slices
Total Time: approx. 1 hour
2 Large Ripe Bananas
2 cups of Bobs Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
1/2 cup room temp. coconut oil
1/2 cup honey, maple syrup, agave or date syrup
2 tbsp almond milk
Pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla flavor
1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, mash the 2 large bananas fairly well.
- In another bowl or kitchen aid mixer, add the coconut oil, the sweetener of your choice and mix for a few seconds.
- Then add the eggs to that along with the cinnamon, almond milk, vanilla flavoring and the mashed bananas.
- Mix together very well.
- Now add the dry ingredients and chopped walnuts. Mix all together.
- In a loaf pan sprayed with nonstick spray, pour the batter and spread it evenly. Sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-55 minutes. Use the toothpick method to make sure the cake is fully baked.
- Allow to cool before attempting to take out of loaf pan. Once cooled, cut into 8 slices. Enjoy as is or spread some melted almond butter on top!
Note* to make vegan, use a flax egg to substitute the eggs.