I love experimenting with food if you guys haven’t noticed! I enjoy eating oat bars as a snack but many of the ones in the market that are reasonably priced are full of artificial sugars, dairy, and gluten which are all things I am not a fan of. So what do I do? I experiment and make my own that can be enjoyed by almost anyone! They are vegan, dairy free, gluten free and absolutely delicious!! They truly remind you of a summer bite perfect for this sun.
1 1/4 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats (can use regular oats)
1 cup Almond Flour
1/3 cup Coconut Sugar (can use light brown sugar too)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
5 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tbsp lemon zest
A dash of vanilla flavoring
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
A squeeze of lemon juice
1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 a lemon’s juice
1/4 cup powdered sugar (most recipes call for more but I try to not add much sugar that is why I called it a drizzle and not a glaze)
- Preheat oven to 370 F.
- In a bowl, mix all the filling ingredients.
- In another bowl, mix all the crumble ingredients. Reserve 1/2 a cup of crumble to the side.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Add the rest of the crumble to the bottom of the pan evenly. Layer the filling on top evenly. Then top with the rest of the crumble sporadically. The filling won’t be completely covered.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 min till lightly browned and filling is bubbling.
- Take out of the oven and place in the fridge to cool for 2 hours. Once completely chilled, cut into 9 squares. Very crucial you wait till its completely cooled or you risk it falling apart. Even if pieces do break; eat it! Its delicious or use it for a topping on your yogurt, oatmeal, and/or ice cream! Drizzle with lemon glaze and garnish with lemon zest. Enjoy!