Hi everyone! It is Friday!!!
SO, I LOVE pizza! I wish I could have it pretty much everyday but my body wouldn’t be too happy about that. This recipe is an easy way to make delicious pizza in minimal amount of time. You would be surprised the decadence you can accomplish in less than an hours time. I promise you once you try this; you will be going back for more. I have always loved experimenting with flavor combinations and I have always enjoyed leafy greens on my pizza whether arugula or spinach. I happened to have spinach at home so spinach it was! Instead of using your typical shredded dairy cheese; I used dairy free to make this vegan. Can’t wait for you guys to give this a try!
Total Time: 15 min to make
15 min to bake at 350 degrees (till brown underneath)
Serving size: 2 large pizzas
5 cups of all purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup of olive oil
2 cups of water
1 packet of active dry yeast
1-2 tablespoon of Zaatar
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
A jar of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon pesto (optional)
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
1 cup of shredded vegan cheese (I used Daiya brand)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 of a cup of sesame seeds
Instructions to make the dough
- First, grab a large sized bowl and add 2 cups of lukewarm water (room temperature) and add 2 cups of flour to that along with the salt, sugar, and packet of yeast.
- Mix it all together very well with a whisk and set aside for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes have passed, add the olive oil and the rest of the flour which is 3 cups. Add the garlic powder, Italian Seasoning, and Zaatar as well. Mix this all together very well with a spatula or your hands. I like to use my hands!
- If your dough is sticky; slowly add more flour to balance that out. Dough is now ready to use!
How to make the pizza
- Take out a round pizza pan and spray it with olive oil. Place a big chunk of the dough onto the pan and begin spreading it out. I like thin pizza; so I wont use as much dough and I spread it out thinly. It fluffs when it bakes anyway! If you don’t have a pizza pan; you can use a sheet pan and do the same technique but make the pizza into the desired shape that you would like!
- Once spread out, gently curl in the edges of pizza to make a crust. Add the sesame seeds to the crust. Then add the desired tomato sauce to the center and spread. If you would like pesto as well then place on top of tomato sauce and spread out on the pizza. Sprinkle the garlic powder on top of the sauces. Add the vegan cheese. I used Pepperjack Daiya cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 375 degrees for approximately 15-18 minutes. Check to see that the bottom of the pizza is light brown in color. Once that is achieved add the spinach on top of the pizza and place back in the oven for another 3 minutes. Once again take out of the oven and add a little more spinach, place back in oven for another 1-2 minutes then allow to cool. Drizzle with some olive oil on top. Sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- Once cool, use a pizza cutter to cut your slices if you do not own one then just use some scissors!
How easy was that? You can use this to make pizza which I have done numerous times or the traditional Middle Eastern meat, cheese, and spinach pies. Enjoy!
*Make sure to always oil your pan when baking so the dough doesn’t stick!