Hello everyone! Hope you are all doing great 🙂
Today, I will be sharing with you this delicious vegan vanilla cake recipe. I will be honest; I never completely understood what vegan meant till a family member who was vegan explained it to me. Now, I am not vegan but totally respect those who are. I can’t imagine my diet without meat! Still, I have been wanting to create vegan friendly options and this cake tastes just as good if not better than your average vanilla cake. I have got to say, the lemon glaze icing takes it to a whole other level of flavor. Let’s get started!
Serving: 8 slices
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 cup of almond milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 cup of white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
A pinch of salt
1/3 a cup of vegetable oil
1/4 a cup of water
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cinnamon (optional-It adds a great amount of flavor-highly recommended)
1 cup of powdered sugar
1/2 of a lemon’s juice
1/2 a lemon’s zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease your baking pan- I used a small bundt cake pan. An 8 x 8 pan will suffice.
- Stir the almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a medium sized bowl.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt all together.
- Slowly mix the vegetable oil, water, lemon juice, and vanilla extract into the milk & vinegar mixture. Mix this gently. Now pour this wet mixture into your dry ingredients (flour mixture) until there are no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the already prepped baking dish. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes till completely baked all throughout. Check this by using a toothpick to poke the cake in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean then the cake is baked completely. If not, then allow it to bake for a few more minutes.
- To make your lemon glaze, mix together the powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice and zest till glaze consistency. If too thick, add more lemon juice. If too runny, add more powdered sugar.
- Glaze the cake while warm with half the mixture. Glaze again when cool with the other half.
- Garnish with fresh berries & you have yourself a tasty vegan vanilla cake with a dash of cinnamon and lemon glaze icing!