Hey everyone! I recently showed how to make this not too long ago on my social media and it has been a hit with those who have tried it! Now, I’ll be honest and say that I am not a big fan of Chinese takeout. Often I find it greasy and heavy. So, I took it upon myself to make some myself. I saw some lo mein in my local grocery store that I couldn’t pass up. That is exactly what inspired me to make this Vegetable Lo Mein dish.
My husband and I have been incorporating more vegetarian-friendly meals into our diet. Therefore, this vegetable lo mein was a hit for us. It is packed with vegetables, loads of flavor from the simple sauce mixture, and just umami of textures. I can see why it has been such a hit with my audience.
Moreover, it is even fantastic with seared chicken, beef, or shrimp as I have tried all 3 versions! Top it off with some crushed peanuts and fresh lime juice for the perfect bite of food. What is great about this meal is that it is also made in under 30 minutes making it ideal for a weeknight meal. The entire family will enjoy this even kids since it involves noodles! It is a great way to get their veggies in for the day.
Here are some other noodle dishes you may enjoy:
Vegetable Lo Mein
- Fresh Lo Mein Noodles often found in the fridge section in Asian aisle, cooked to package instructions
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil or Sesame oil
- 1 Bell Pepper, colored thinly sliced
- 2 cups Fresh Spinach
- 10 Baby Carrots thinly sliced
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- 1 pint Sliced Mushrooms
- 4 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger crushed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp Chili Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Peanuts crushed
- Squeeze of Fresh Lime wedges
- In a pan, add 2 tbsp of vegetable or sesame oil. Saute garlic, onion, and ginger in the pan until fragrant.
- To the pan, add the bell peppers, carrots, and mushrooms. Saute until fork tender. Then, add the spinach and saute until wilted. Season all of this with salt and pepper.
- To this, add the lo mein that has been drained (make sure the noodles arent stuck together). Mix together the sauce ingredients and add to the lo mein. Give it a nice stir to make sure everything is well coated in flavors.
- Top off with crushed peanuts and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Enjoy warm or room temperature!