Healthy Egg Salad
This is my latest go-to way to eat eggs! I used Middle Eastern inspired flavors to make this low calorie delicious egg salad. It is so easy too and doesn't require much time or ingredients.
Servings: 3 people
- 8 Eggs, chopped hard-boiled. See notes below for tips on how to boil an egg.
- 4 tbsp Labneh Arabic strained yogurt, add more for more creaminess
- 1 tbsp Shatta Arabic Chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Za'atar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In a bowl, mix together the labneh, shatta, olive oil, and za'atar.
Add the chopped boil eggs to it. Season with salt and pepper to your liking and stir together. Enjoy with pita or as is!
Tips on how to boil the perfect egg:
All these tips should make boiling and peeling the egg effortless!
- Use older eggs as opposed to newer ones you may have. (The older the egg, the easier it will be to peel)
- In the pot to boil the eggs, add a spoon of white vinegar and salt to the water. Bring the water to a boil then add the eggs.
- For a perfectly cooked egg, boil for ten minutes.
- Then, place in ice-cold water to cool for a few minutes.
- Crack on the side of a plate then peel under running water.