Hi my friends! I hope your enjoying your weekend 🙂
Today, I will be sharing with you a chicken dish that incorporates staple Middle Eastern spices which are Zaatar & Sumac. Zaatar is a green mixture of dried herbs like oregano and thyme often mixed in with sesame seeds as well. Sumac is a deep red herb spice that has an acidic quality. Both are extremely popular in Arabic cuisine. If you guys haven’t noticed, my husband and I eat chicken breast at least twice a week. This chicken dinner was easy to make and full of flavor. You will definitely be making it again once you try it!
3 pieces of skinless boneless chicken breast cut into 6 pieces
1/3 a cup of zaatar
1/4 a cup of sumac
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 a fresh lemon’s juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the chicken breasts with the olive oil, zaatar, sumac, garlic, salt/pepper and cumin. I like to place them in a ziploc and mix everything together so its well coated. You can use this as a marinade as well if you would like to do it ahead of time.
- Place the chicken in a pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. If you would like to incorporate some veggies, cut up an onion and zucchini and place in the pan as well. Drizzle some olive oil, salt, and pepper on them.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes till chicken is tender and completely white inside. Pink would indicate it needs longer to cook.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the chicken. This is optional but I enjoy it more with a squeeze of lemon.
- Enjoy with some couscous or rice! Highly recommend making the veggies too. Makes the dish more into a meal 🙂