Spinach Artichoke Bread Bowl
I mean what is better than a creamy cheesy spinach and artichoke dip in a bread bowl? It is literally all my favorite components in one delicious appetizer! It makes for a fabulous app for friends to gather around and enjoy. You can make it a pull-apart bread bowl or use some tortilla chips and veggies to dip. You cannot go wrong with either really!
What is awesome about this spinach artichoke bread bowl recipe is that is is so easy to put together but so so good. You just need a few ingredients like spinach, marinated artichoke hearts, cheeses, sour cream, some seasonings, and a round bread. Just a few steps later, you will successfully enjoy a hot creamy and tangy appetizer.
To keep with the idea of not wasting anything; I love to use the innards of the bread bowl to make croutons that can be used for dipping. To flavor the croutons and the inside of the bread bowl, I used Veggie Season’s Parmesan Herb, Roasted Garlic Butter, and Spicy Herb. These two all-natural seasonings are fantastic to amp up the flavor in this dish. It all goes together very well and offers the croutons great taste just on their own!
I really have been enjoying Veggie Season’s Blends because not only are they packed with flavor but they are also Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, and vegetarian. If you are curious to try them out, I have a coupon code for 40% off of an order of $15 or more. Just use code Heifa40 or this link. I promise you will enjoy it and it will take the flavor profile of your dishes to the next level just like this one!
Other dips that may interest you:
Spinach Artichoke Bread Bowl
- 6 oz Fresh Spinach or 1 cup defrosted frozen spinach
- 6 Garlic cloves minced
- 1.5 tbsp Olive oil
- 14 oz Artichoke Hearts chopped
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Veggie Season's Roasted Garlic Butter seasoning for the bread
- 1 tbsp Veggie Season's Parmesan Herb seasoning for the bread
- 1 Sour Dough Round Bread or whatever round bread you like
Topping for the bread bowl
- 1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a pan, saute the garlic until browned in olive oil. Then add spinach and saute until wilted. At that point, go ahead and add the artichoke hearts. Stir together.
- Now, add the sour cream, cream cheese, mozzarella, and parmesan. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Mix together until melted and creamy. Set aside.
- Remove the top of the sourdough bread bowl. Cut it into large croutons.
- Cut inside the bread bowl around the edges but do not hit the edges and then scoop out the extra bread and cut that into large croutons as well.
- Spray the bread with olive oil or drizzle some, then sprinkle with Veggie Season's Parmesan Herb and Roasted Garlic butter seasoning for extra flavor. The Veggie Season's spicy herb seasoning goes great with this too if you like a tad of heat. Do this to the bread bowl as well.
- Add the spinach mixture into the bread bowl. Cover with some mozzarella cheese. Place the bread bowl on a baking pan along with the croutons.
- Bake for 15 minutes then broil for 2 minutes. Enjoy warm or room temperature!