Hey everyone! Today, I am sharing with you a recipe that I often make for my husband and I. We LOVE it! To have a delicious stuffed chicken, the filling has to be on point and the chicken has to be tender and juicy. No one likes dry chicken! This recipe is super flavorful and very easy to put together too. Since I am lactose intolerant, I used dairy free cream cheese but of course, you can use regular cream cheese. I also had some roasted garlic aioli in my pantry and decided to add a little of that too but that’s completely optional! You can easily omit some of the vegetables if you don’t want to use all or you can substitute it with something else but I really enjoy this combination.
Servings: 3 stuffed chicken breast
Total Time: approx. 45 min.
1 cup fresh chopped spinach
1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
1/2 a sweet onion finely chopped
5 oz. fresh mushrooms
4 garlic cloves finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
2 tbsp olive oil
4 oz. daiya dairy-free cream cheese (or use regular cream cheese)
1 tbsp garlic aioli or mayo (optional)
2-3 chicken breasts butterflied
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a pan, add the olive oil then saute your garlic, onions, and mushrooms till lightly browned taking about 4 minutes on medium heat. Then add the roasted red peppers, chopped basil, and spinach. Cook that for another 2 minutes.
- Then on low heat, add the cream cheese and garlic aioli to the mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix everything together very well.
- The take your clean butterflied chicken and season it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, dried oregano and rub with olive oil inside and out. *To butterfly the chicken means to cut it horizontally but not all the way through just enough to stuff it well.
- Using a spoon, fill the chicken pocket with the stuffing mixture evenly.
- Place on an oiled baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes in the oven. May need longer if your chicken breast is thicker.