Cilantro Lemon Chicken over Coconut Rice with Mango
The other day I made this meal for the first time for dinner. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it and I knew I had to share the recipe for this delicious dish with you guys. It’s not every day that we eat rice, yet alone coconut rice. I didn’t stop there, I added mango and a tad of honey to it too! It worked beautifully with the flavorful and tender cilantro lemon chicken. Yes, lemon but you can use lime and it would work just as good! I hope you try this yummy weeknight meal that is both dairy and gluten free. Also, the chicken is keto friendly 🙂
Total Time: approx. 1 hour
Coconut Rice Ingredients
1 cup basmati rice
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 a can of lite unsweetened coconut milk (Thai kitchen brand is the best) (about 7 ounces)
1 tbsp honey (optional)
3/4 cup of water
Salt to taste
1 mango peeled and diced
- Rinse the rice thoroughly to remove excess starch. To a pot, add the olive oil and rice. Saute the rinsed rice in the oil for about a minute then add the coconut milk and water on medium heat. Season with salt. Bring everything to a boil. Once starting to boil, lower to a simmer. Let the rice simmer for 15-20 minutes till cooked. Stir it occasionally so rice doesn’t stick to the bottom or burn.
- Once cooked, stir in the diced mango if you please and add the honey.
Cilantro Lemon Chicken Ingredients
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 6 thinly sliced chicken breasts)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup chopped cinaltro
4 garlic cloves minced
1 fresh lemon’s juice
2 green onions chopped
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Add the chicken to a large ziplock. In a bowl, mix all the other components together. Pour on top of chicken in the ziplock and seal. marinate for at least 45 minutes.
- When time to cook the chicken, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan. Place on medium to high heat and add the chicken to the pan making sure to leave room in between the pieces. You may need to do this twice or do it with two pans at the same time.
- Cook the chicken for about 6 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Should have a golden crust and be cooked through. No pink should be in the center.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and garnish with scallions. Bon Appetit!
Was BLOWN away by how easy and amazingggg this recipe was!!! Until this day my sister ALWAYS asks me to make it again!! 10/10 would recommend!!! I’ve made it once with regulate rice because my friend allergic to coconut and it was still DELICIOUS!
Yes! That is what I love to hear!
Such a yummy dish full of flavor! Really enjoyed making it and enjoyed eating it more! Lol my husband gave so many compliments too 🙂
That’s fantastic to hear!
This was an amazing dish. Used it for my dinner meal prep for the week and I’m looking forward to having it again tomorrow and the day after!! Thank you, Heifa! Love your recipes.
WOOOOW! AMAZING!!!!! Not going to lie I was scared at first to give this a try, but wow am I happy I did!!! The flavors are amazing!!! So delicious!!!! Thank you for an amazing recipe!