Vegan & Gluten Free Glazed Lemon Chia Cookies
Hey friends! I have been meaning to make a dessert with lemon for a long time. I am obsessed with the refreshing flavor lemon always brings whether sweet or savory. These cookies are light, soft and chewy and full of lemon and chia! Chia seeds are really healthy for you; they are full of omega 3 fatty acids and other nutrients. These healthier version cookies are gluten-free and vegan-friendly with no refined sugar! You already know I was munching on these as soon as I topped them with that tangy glaze. Can’t wait for you to try these!! They are a hit that you do not want to miss.
Servings: 10-12 cookies
Total Time: approx. 35 min
1 cup Bobs Red Mill 1:1 baking flour (if not gluten intolerant, use all-purpose flour)
1/4 cup almond flour (or coconut flour)
1/4 tsp turmeric
Sprinkle of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 Lemon’s zest & juice
2 tbsp non-dairy yogurt or plain vanilla yogurt
2 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
3 tbsp coconut oil (not melted but room temp)
1/3 cup coconut sugar, or any unrefined sugar
3/4 large lemon’s juice & zest
1 cup powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
- Mix together the lemon juice, lemon zest, yogurt, chia seeds, coconut oil, and sugar.
- Mix together the flours, turmeric, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry and mix well. Cover and let it cool in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Take 1 large tbsp of the dough and roll into a ball then press down with your fingers to flatten it gently. Place the cookies on a lined baking pan with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Now, Mix the glaze ingredients together well to create a light glaze. Add more fresh lemons juice if too thick or more sugar if too thin.
- Dip the slightly cooled cookie into the glaze and let it dry. Repeat with the other cookies and enjoy!!
Wonder if I could use Swerve instead of sugar?
If you are referring to the glaze, then The Swerve confectioner’s sugar may work!