Everyone likes to indulge every once in a while, right? These fudgy homemade brownies are spectacular! If you love chocolate; please do yourself a favor and make these for you and your friends! You will not buy brownie mix after you see how simple and delicious these are to make. They will literally be gone in seconds. I made these for the Superbowl Party my husband and I are hosting this weekend. I mean if you have pizza and wings; you need a “naughty” dessert too, am I right? Nothing is better than this fudgy gooey brownie with a crackled flaky top to be the center of all desserts. Just look at the photos and tell me that you don’t want to eat the screen.
3/4 cup unsalted melted butter
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs beaten
1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 tsp instant espresso or coffee
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prep an 8 x 8 pan by either lining with parchment paper or spraying cooking oil so the brownie batter will not stick to the pan once baked.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine melted butter and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk together fairly well.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and vanilla together for a good minute. Add to the butter & sugar mixture. Whisk together gently.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, espresso and salt. Mix together. Add this dry mixture into the wet components. Fold it all in together. Do not over mix. It will change the texture of the brownies. Mix till everything is just combined.
- Fold in the semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Place the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes on the top rack. Avoid middle or bottom rack; you do not want the brownies to dry out. The whole point of fudgy brownies is for it to be moist and have some chewiness rather than be cakey ! You want them to almost seem under baked.
- Allow to cool at room temperature before cutting.
- To store, keep in airtight container for up to 5 days room temperature. Doubt they will last that long. Can also be frozen for 2-3 months!