Let me start off by saying that this homemade crunch wrap supreme is SO good and SO easy that I cannot wait until you try it and tell me for yourself! It is also super flexible with the ingredients; you technically need tortillas, beef, and cheese. The rest are add on’s to your preference but I definitely recommend adding some pico de gallo or tomatoes at least, queso cheese, and sour cream.
This copycat crunch wrap supreme recipe from Taco bell is even better than the real thing. I am telling you; you will be hooked! Crispy on the outside, and oozing with flavors on the inside. If you are a visual learner, definitely check out my Instagram for the tutorial in my highlights. I hope you guys enjoy this delicious recipe. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 3 tbsp Beef or Vegetable Stock
- 1 packet Taco seasoning (chili powder, onion & garlic powder, cumin, salt & pepper) or 2-3 tbsp of taco seasoning
- 8 Large Flour Tortillos
- 6 Tostados or (tortilla chips)
- 1 cup Queso Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup Pico De Gallo or tomatoes
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Beans and Lettuce optional
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the pound of ground beef with the taco seasoning and tomato paste. Cook, while breaking down the meat into fine bits.
- Add the stock to the meat mixture and continue breaking it down into fine pieces. It will almost resemble sloppy joe meat. Slightly saucy from the stock but fine pieces of ground beef. Set aside once browned. This shouldn't take more than 5 minutes.
- Now, let's make smaller cuts of the flour tortilla by using 2 of the large ones. Either do this by using a 4-inch cookie cutter or by cutting around the tostada to create the perfect shape and size. Set those aside.
- To assemble, lay the large flour tortilla. In the center, add a heft smear of sour cream. Top that off with a scoop of the ground meat. Make sure it covers the center and the cream.
- Then, top with the tostada. Add 2 tbsp of queso cheese sauce on top of that. At this point, sprinkle some lettuce if you want and the pico de gallo or tomatoes.
- Add a handful of Shredded cheese on top of that. Add the smaller cut of the flour tortilla on top of the cheese which should be in the center of the tortilla.
- Now, tightly fold the large tortilla's edges toward the center creating pleats.
- Quickly, place the crunch wrap into a lightly oiled skillet seam side down. Let this sear on medium heat for 5 minutes on each side until it is golden brown and crispy. Cut in half and serve immediately as is or with some guacamole and sour cream. repeat with the remaining tortillas. Enjoy!