Hey friends! Happy Sunday 🙂
Do you love a good Snickerdoodle? Ever thought of using Chai instead of solely cinnamon? It works and it works really well! If you don’t know, chai is a blend of spices often used in South East Asian cuisine. It is a blend of warm spices like cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger. Now, I have a GF almond cookie on my blog which is super delicious. When I realized that I was out of vanilla to make this cookie but had almond flavor; a lightbulb went off in my head. So, I combined the flavor and texture of almonds with the chai; the result were these decadent cookies. They go perfectly with a cu\p of tea or coffee. You have to try this!
Chai Spiced Almond Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Almond Flavor
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup Slivered or crushed raw almonds
- 2 tsp Chai seasoning
- 1 tsp Chai seasoning
- 4 tsp Sugar
- Whip together the butter, sugars, egg, and almond flavor with the paddle attachment or a rubber spatula.
- Then, add the chai, flour, and baking soda. Mix together into the batter.
- Add the almonds and mix.
- Mix together the sugar and chai for the topping and set aside.
- Use a cookie scooper to scoop the batter into uniform 1 1/2 tbsp in size. Roll in the topping and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Keep 2-3 inches between the cookies.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for 15 minutes. Enjoy warm! This is a delicious cookie with tea or coffee.