A classic creamy mashed potatoes recipe is one of those staple side dishes that almost everyone loves. I, for one, am a huge lover of anything with potatoes! Potatoes have to be one of my favorite vegetables because of their versatility. In this case, I transformed some golden potatoes into this classic creamy mashed potatoes. This is a recipe I use often with my short ribs or even with a hearty beef stew. It is definitely one of the most popular, tastiest, and easiest accompaniments to make for many dishes.
It goes perfectly with turkey and gravy on Thanksgiving. That is precisely why I am sharing the recipe with you guys now! Just in case you needed a fantastic recipe for the holidays. Now, there are many different types of potatoes which I am sure you are aware of. There are red potatoes, Yukon, gold, sweet potatoes, and so many more variations. For this recipe, I highly recommend golden potatoes. They have very thin skin which is easy to take off and this potato has a very buttery taste and texture which is perfect in this recipe.
I hope you give this recipe a try soon! Here are a few more of my favorite go to potato recipes on my blog:
Classic Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 4 Large Golden Potatoes peeled, cubed (yukon potatoes even)
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter melted
- 2 tbsp Sour cream
- 1/3 cup Hot Milk or Heavy Cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste be generous
- In a pot with boiling salted water, add the potato cubes and allow to cook for about 20 minutes until they are fork tender. Then, drain thoroughly.
- Mash the potatoes into a sieve/strainer to make it very creamy, luscious, and smooth.
- Then, add the butter, sour cream, milk or cream to the potatoes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy warm!