Peanut Butter Cookies with Pink Himalayan salt
There is something about a sweet and salty duo that is so satisfying. You literally get the best of both worlds in one bite. This Peanut butter cookie with Shan foods pink Himalayan salt hits the spot. Who doesn’t love peanut butter? Both children and adults rave over this nutritious snack. Peanut butter naturally has sweet and salty components in it making it the perfect foundation for this cookie. Top it off with some white chocolate and pink Himalayan salt and the flavor profile goes to the next level. You will see what I am talking about once you try this super easy 20-minute cookie recipe.
There are a few reasons why I used Shan foods pink Himalayan salt as opposed to regular table salt. For one, the nutrients in this pink Himalayan salt exceed that found in regular salt. There are no impurities in Shan food’s pink Himalayan salt and it is naturally fortified with 84 minerals essential to our health such as Magnesium, Potassium, and Calcium. By the way, that is what gives this salt that beautiful light pink color which makes the cookie aesthetically pleasing as well! This gourmet food-grade salt will truly enhance the flavors of your meals and most especially these peanut butter cookies.
Peanut Butter cookies with pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Room temperature butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Flavoring
- 1/4 tsp Shan Foods Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter Use smooth as opposed to crunchy
White Chocolate Topping
- 1 cup Melted White Chocolate Melt in the microwave in intervals of 30 seconds. Add a little vegetable oil at a time to thin out the chocolate as needed.
- 1 1/2 tbsp Shan Foods Pink Himalayan Salt
- First, mix together the butter, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, and granulated sugar. If you have a KitchenAid use the paddle attachment if not use a big bowl and rubber spatula to cream these ingredients together.
- Then, add in the 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter. Mix together.
- Next, add the 1/4 tsp of Shan Foods Pink Himalayan salt.
- Then, add in the baking soda and flour and mix together well.
- Then, scoop the cookies with a cookie scooper for uniform sizes. This will allow the cookie to bake evenly as well. I used a 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scooper for a medium-sized cookie.
- Place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet making sure they are 2 inches apart.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- While the oven is preheating, place the baking sheet with the cookies into the fridge to set. This will allow the cookie to maintain a better shape when baking. (About 10 minutes)
- Bake the cookie after for about 10-12 minutes until the bottom is lightly browned. Let the cookie cool to room temperature.
- Dip in the melted white chocolate which should be in a shallow bowl making it easier to dip.
- Sprinkle Shan Foods Pink Himalayan salt on top of the white chocolate for that pink shimmer and sweet and salty taste! Enjoy! They are delicious as is or dunked in some milk!
Here are some other cookie recipes to check out on my blog especially if you are making holiday cookie boxes for your friends, family, and neighbors:
and so much more!
So easy! My little siblings enjoyed helping me make it. Delicious.