Once you try these Mediterranean lamb chops, you will always be making them at home. They are beyond restaurant-quality!
Whether you decide to grill or pan sear these lamb chops, that is completely up to you but regardless you will get a very juicy and flavorful chop. It wasn’t until my adult years and after getting married that I really started to enjoy lamb chops. My husband loves meat! So, often we would visit restaurants like Chama Gaucha or Texas De Brazil which are known for their tableside meat service. Turns out, one of my favorites is the lamb chop they serve. I knew I wanted to create a recipe very similar in taste so we can enjoy it at home whenever we please! I did just that with these Mediterranean Lamb chops.
How to make Mediterranean Lamb Chops:
In Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cooking, lamb is an integral part of the cuisine. In many Arab countries, lamb shish kebab is a must for the grilling season. In Greek food, lamb chops are a must pretty much all-year round. I personally love this Mediterranean marinade for the lamb chop recipe. Those flavors inspired these lamb chops. This can easily be called Greek lamb chops too. The lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and oregano scream the Mediterranean. It is light and fresh and super tasty when paired with lamb. I like to marinate mine overnight for the best result and I have cooked these both on the grill and inside by pan-searing and both results were fantastic.
The next time you come across a rack of lamb, make these lamb chops. I promise you they are so easy to make and the result is just divine. They go perfectly with my Greek-style potatoes, mashed potatoes, rice, and any of the many salads I have right here on my blog.
Let me know what you think or if you have any questions in the comment section below. Feel free to share your creations with me on Instagram. I would love to see it!
Mediterranean Lamb Chops
- 8 Lamb Chops, patted dry
- Salt & Pepper to preference
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Pepper
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 A lemon's juice
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Avocado or Grapeseed oil Any oil with a high smoke point will do. Alternatively, these lamb chops can be grilled.
- Season each lamb chop on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon pepper.
- Create the wet marinade by mixing together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano.
- Place the lamb chops in a ziplock bag and pour the marinade into the bag making sure to rub each chop with the marinade.
- Seal the bag and let this marinate for at least 4 hours but for best results overnight.
- Take the lamb chops out 30 min prior to cooking to allow the muscles in the meat to relax and therefore create a more tender bite once cooked.
- Heat a nonstick pan and add the avocado or grape seed oil to the pan.
- Once the pan is hot, add the lamb chops but make sure not to overcrowd the pan. Press down with a spatula for a few seconds to get a nice sear on the lamb chop. Let this cook for about 5 minutes each side or to your liking on doneness. You should achieve a gorgeous sear on both sides and a juicy lamb chop!
- Pair with your favorite sides like potatoes and/or salad for a complete meal!