We all need quick weeknight meals. Most of us lead busy lives so dinner ready in under 30 minutes is always a plus. This salmon is absolutely delicious and doesn’t take more than 20 minutes to prep and make! Serve it with a side of rice, veggies and/or salad and you have yourself a complete dinner. I made this the other night on a whim. I bought some beautiful salmon and wanted to use it while fresh. I’ve always loved the sweet and tangy flavors with my salmon so I thought this would be the perfect duo in flavors. I hope you make this for your family and enjoy it!
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 lbs of fresh salmon cut into 4 fillets
4 tbsp date syrup (can use any sweetener)
6 minced garlic cloves
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 lemon sliced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper, paprika, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and garlic powder very well. Rub it into the salmon.
- In a cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet, add the olive oil and garlic to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes till garlic is lightly browned.
- At this point, add in the date syrup, water, coconut aminos, and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Stir it all together.
- Add the salmon fillets into the pan skin side down. Baste the salmon with the sauce for a good 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the lemon slices on the salmon or in between the fillets.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes on the lower rack. Take out and flake off a little piece to ensure cooked throughout. Note*Depending on your fillet thickness, you may need less or more time.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of salt.