Sweet & Tangy Garlic Salmon
We all need quick weeknight meals. Most of us lead busy lives so dinner ready in under 30 minutes is always a plus. This salmon is absolutely delicious and doesn’t take more than 20 minutes to prep and make! Serve it with a side of rice, veggies and/or salad and you have yourself a complete dinner. I made this the other night on a whim. I bought some beautiful salmon and wanted to use it while fresh. I’ve always loved the sweet and tangy flavors with my salmon so I thought this would be the perfect duo in flavors. I hope you make this for your family and enjoy it!
Total Time: 20 minutes
2 lbs of fresh salmon cut into 4 fillets
4 tbsp date syrup or pomegranate molasses (can use any sweetener)
6 minced garlic cloves
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp water
3 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 lemon sliced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper, paprika, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and garlic powder very well. Rub it into the salmon.
- In a cast iron skillet or oven safe skillet, add the olive oil and garlic to the pan. Saute for 2 minutes till garlic is lightly browned.
- At this point, add in the date syrup, water, coconut aminos, and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Stir it all together.
- Add the salmon fillets into the pan skin side down. Baste the salmon with the sauce for a good 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the lemon slices on the salmon or in between the fillets.
- Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes on the lower rack. Take out and flake off a little piece to ensure cooked throughout. Note*Depending on your fillet thickness, you may need less or more time.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of salt.
My husband just got diagnosed with arterial blockage and his cardiologist recommended he eats more fish but he HATES fish. I made this last night amd it was amaaaazing. Thank you for helping me make him like fish!!! ❤
I am so happy he enjoyed it!!
I made this the other night using date syrup and served with lemon basmati rice. It was absolutely gorgeous. We have salmon every other week and this will definitely become one of the staple recipes we go for regularly.
I am so thrilled to hear that, Gergana!